Trusts and Foundations
Our essential work in helping seriously sick children and their families is completely reliant on voluntary donations.
We are extremely grateful for the loyal and generous support we receive from Charitable Trusts and Foundations every year, without which we simply couldn’t achieve all that we do.
If you are involved with a Trust or Foundation and feel able to consider supporting WellChild, please do get in touch and we will be delighted to provide more information about our charity and current projects.
To give you a flavour, here are just some of the areas of our work that you could help fund:
- Our growing team of WellChild Children’s Nurses in the UK who provide specialist support to enable children with complex health conditions to leave hospital and to be cared for at home.
- Practical support for seriously ill children and young people through our Helping Hands volunteer scheme.
- Development of online resources to provide practical support to parents who are caring for a seriously ill child at home
- Connecting families with a seriously ill child with other families who have similar experiences, to help them feel less isolated and better supported.
To read more about the families your donation could help, please visit the Family Stories section of our website or visit the What We Do section to find out more about the different areas of our work.
If you choose to support WellChild, we will:
- Send you regular updates about the progress of our work and feedback from the families you are supporting.
- Offer you opportunities to see our work in action and meet the team.
- Acknowledge your support in our annual review and on our website, if you would like us to.
If you would like to find out more about how you can support WellChild and become involved as a Trust and Foundation partner call us on 0845 451 8171 or email email@example.com
What do our Supporters say?
The Barbara Ward Children’s Foundation
“The Barbara Ward Children’s Foundation is a relatively small grant-making body with limited funds and therefore our internal guidelines seek to assist charities that are open to all, and that are helping disadvantaged children where our grants are likely to make a real difference. We tend therefore to support children’s charities where the children concerned are particularly disadvantaged, where employees are not paid significant salaries, where significant funding is not forthcoming from statutory bodies, where specific religions are not promoted, where incomes and fund balances are put to good use, where the cause is urgent, where administration overheads are kept to a minimum, and where the charity’s finances appear to us to be healthy. The Barbara Ward Children’s Foundation believes that Wellchild ticks every one of these boxes.” Brian Walters, Trustee
Crerar Hotels Trust
“Crerar Hotels Trust is delighted to support WellChild. The support that WellChild provides to seriously ill children across the UK is a noble and necessary charity and Crerar Hotels Trust is proud to give assistance to this cause.” Donald Henderson, Crerar Hotels
We would love to hear from you. To talk more about how your donation would make a difference to a seriously ill child please contact Sarah Howley in our Fundraising Team on 0845 451 8171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the most recent copy of our audited annual accounts and annual review from the publications section of our website.