All the Magic at Home
Just because you’re at home for The Festival™ this year, it certainly won’t be boring. We’ve got everything you need to enjoy the races from the comfort of your own home. Get involved and remember to tag us on social media using @WellChild and #CheltenhamFestival #WellChildGoldCup
Festival Focus Preview
Since we couldn’t host our Festival Focus Preview event in person this year, we have produced an exclusive preview video hosted by our ambassador and ITV Racing’s, Ed Chamberlin, along with a panel of special guests including champion jockey AP McCoy. Hear their tips ahead of The Festival supporting WellChild.
The Festival™ supporting WellChild auction will take place until 19th March 22:00hrs, hosted by Superstars, with some fantastic items on offer, such as a Private Tour of Jackdaws Castle, Tickets to The Masters 2022, and overnight stay at 5 star Ellenborough Park in Cheltenham, along with lots more place a bid now and help support WellChild.
Eddy The Teddy Activities for Kids
Eddy the Teddy is WellChild’s official horse racing bear! He’s here to bring you some fantastic family fun including behind the scenes content which you can follow on social media – just search #EddytheTeddy. Look out for Eddy on ITV between 16th – 19th March to see if you can spot him at The Festival™!
Eddy also has some fabulous free horse racing themed activities which you can download here. Design Eddy’s jockey silks and colour him in, bake some Eddy biscuits and take a picture with Eddy and the WellChild Cheltenham Gold Cup with some fun photo booth props. Plus lots more exciting activities to explore.
Hamper at home
Brought to you by British Fine Foods you can enjoy the luxury of The Festival™ at home with the choice of three exquisite hampers all of which include award-winning food from artisan producers across the British Isles.
Three deluxe hampers are available to purchase from British Fine Foods.
Virtual Shopping village
You can’t go to The Festival™ in person this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still dress up for the occasion! You can shop online to your hearts content with Avenue A’s amazing Virtual Shopping Marquee to get your racing fashion fix! Maybe it’s a new hat, some beautiful boots, (or even new pyjamas if you’d prefer), whatever your style there’s so much to explore.
After the success of last year’s Virtual Christmas Fair in the Cotswolds, Avenue A and the stallholders have kindly decided to continue their support of WellChild by donating 10% of all sales from our bespoke shopping link to the charity.
With over 200 stallholders selling unique and beautiful gifts, treats, homeware, clothing, jewellery, food and drink, and more, you’ll find something for everyone; whether it’s a special gift for someone or just a treat for yourself, step inside and shop now.
How you can make a difference
- £10 makes a difference and could provide a two-week supply of PPE delivered directly to a family to allow them to safely have key carers in their homes.
- £20 makes a difference and could fund an hour of a WellChild Nurse’s time spent working with families in hospitals and communities right across the UK.
- £30 could make a lifesaving difference and is enough for WellChild Better At Home Basic Life Support training session for parents to learn the techniques needed when caring for their seriously ill child at home.
- £100 makes a difference and could fund a day of a WellChild Family Coordinator’s time to support families through our vital information and support services and the WellChild Family Tree.
- £500 makes a difference and could fund a large piece of sensory or practical equipment for a WellChild Helping Hands project.