COVID-19 Direct Response Service
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering a Direct Response Service to help families get the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and support with supplies that parents and carers need.
Please note: The WellChild COVID-19 Direct Response Service will not be operational between the 24th December 2020 and the 3rd January 2021. Any PPE requests received during this time will be processed as soon as possible from Monday, 4th January 2021 onwards.
It is the responsibility of care agencies and local CCGs (Clinical Commissioning Groups) to provide the PPE that carers need to support children with serious health needs and disabilities. However, WellChild can provide families with an emergency supply whilst long-term solutions are put in place.
Please complete the form below if you, or a family you are referring, need help with the following;
- An emergency delivery of PPE (including surgical face masks, aprons, handwash, alcohol gel, and eye protection.)
- Scrub style uniforms for care staff
- Non-surgical (washable) face masks
- Advice on food deliveries or prescription collection.
WellChild COVID-19 Response Team will aim to reply to you as soon as possible during the working week of Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- It is the responsibility of your care agency or local CCG to provide you with the PPE your carers need to support your child.
- We cannot supply FFP3 masks; if you child requires any aerosol generating procedure (AGP) and your carers need this mask, you must discuss this with your care agency, or CCG if you are employing your carers through a PHB/Direct Payments. This type of mask has to be fitted using a ‘FIT Test’ which they will arrange.
- If you have tried the above and are still struggling to access the PPE you need, then you or your agency/CCG can contact your Local Resilience Forum (LRF) who are in place to support local spikes and where there are blockages in supply chains. To find out who your LRF is visit the Government website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-resilience-forums-contact-detail\
- If you have tried all of the above and are still having challenges accessing supplies, please complete the below form and include the contact details of your care agency and/or CCG.
COVID-19 Direct Response – Request Form
By submitting this form, you are confirming that you consent to your data being used to contact you and for WellChild to hold this information and share with third parties where necessary, securely whilst we work on your request. If you are submitting on behalf of a family, please ensure you have consent from the family to submit their information.