This year’s RideLondon Event has now been cancelled. A full statement from the event organisers can be found here. At the moment we are unable to...
Prudential RideLondon 2020 – Surrey 100
Sunday 16 Aug 20 6:00 am - 6:00 pm This event has now been cancelled
This year’s RideLondon Event has now been cancelled. A full statement from the event organisers can be found here.
At the moment we are unable to offer places in the 2021 event. If you already had a place in the 2020 event please see answers to some common questions below.
I have a ballot place, what happens next?
For those of you with ballot places, RideLondon will be in touch with you directly about a refund, with refunds being processed by the 31st July. Unfortunately they are unable to defer your entry until next year. If you had already deferred your place in 2020 they will now be issuing you a refund and aren’t able to defer your place.
I had a WellChild place, what are my options?
At the moment it is not clear what the 2021 event will look like and we are unsure of how many places WellChild will have in the event, so at the moment we are unable to defer your place. As soon as we know more and have confirmation of the number of WellChild places in the event we will offer you priority places in 2021.
What happens with any fundraising I have done?
Thank you for any fundraising you have done over the last few months, we hope you will allow us to keep these donations and put them to good use supporting families who need our help right now. However, if you would like to speak to us about a refund on any donations please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still want to cycle this summer for WellChild?
If you still fancy a cycling challenge with a medal at the end, why not take on one of our Step Up Challenges!
Whether on a static bike or on the roads near home, let us know below if you would like to take on Jessie’s 52k cycle challenge. Or take on Oliver’s challenge and cycle 257k! You could challenge yourself to complete it in a week or even a couple of days!
Take a look at our Step Up Challenges here.
As soon as we know more about places in the 2021 RideLondon event we will update our website.
We are doing this because we can, to help those who can'tTeam WellChild Cyclist
1. WellChild RideLondon kit
FREE gear including a team cycle top.
2. First class support
Training plans, fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and support from the WellChild Events Team. Not to mention WellChild supporters cheering for you along the route.
3. Exclusive discounts
15% discount at Cotswold Outdoor stores.
4. Post event picnic in the park
Unwind with team WellChild in the park and enjoy a drink and a snack.
When does the event take place?
The Prudential RideLondon event has been confirmed for the 16th August 2020. The start is at the Olympic Park, east London and finishes on the Mall, central London.
There is usually around 27,000 cyclists that take part in the 100 mile ride.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 18 years of age or above on the day of the race.
How do I apply for a place?
Places sold out last year so you will need to be quick. To apply for a ballot place directly through the race organisers please click here. As well as applying for a ballot place through the organisers you can also apply for a WellChild guaranteed place by filling in our online form. Successful ballot entries are notified in early February 2020. If you one of the lucky ones and been successful in securing your own place you can still cycle and raise sponsorship for WellChild. Just fill in our form and we’ll post you training and fundraising advice.
How much money do I have to raise?
If you use one of WellChild’s guaranteed places we ask that you apply and kick start your fundraising by donating £20 which shows your intent to cycle and pledge to raise £250 in sponsorship. If you have secured your own place there is no set target and we just ask you to raise as much as you can.
What support will WellChild give?
Join the team and you’ll receive your Training and fundraising pack that gives you loads of advice. In addition you will receive regular e-newsletter updates, fundraising materials and a technical top to race in. The WellChild Challenge Events Manager, Mel will also be on hand to give you any advice and is on the other end of the phone to prepare you for the big day!
Am I fit enough?
You’ll need to train hard as this is no Sunday cycle! You need to be able to complete the course in under nine hours.
Do I need any specialist equipment?
You can use a racing or hybrid bike but it is suggested that you do not use a mountain bike unless you have changed the tyres to thin slick tyres. You will be required to wear a helmet for safety and ensure you carry water bottles and safety lights in case the weather conditions deteriorate.
What happens if I’m injured or need to withdraw?
If you are injured before the challenge and need to withdraw please contact the Challenge Events Manager at WellChild as soon as possible. If you are injured on the day of the ride the race organises will have adequate first aid cover on the route and will transport you back to the finish.
Where can I find out more about on the day logistics?
Visit the Ridelondon 100 website at www.ridelondon.co.uk/about/faqs/. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Mel the Challenge Events Manager on 01242 548 761 or email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
PRUDENTIAL RIDELONDON – SURREY 100 TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
1. On offer of a place, it is suggested that Prudential RideLondon Participants start their fundraising by making a donation (£20 suggested amount) towards their own target, confirming their intent to fundraise for WellChild’s important work through their involvement in the event.
4. Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing, as this may help to mitigate any costs incurred by the charity. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
5. You must be the required age or above on the day that the Event commences (please see the WellChild website for the current age limit). Participants under the age of 18 will need consent from a parent or guardian.
6. All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
7. By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
8. All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
9. Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
10. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
11. If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
12. Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
13. During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the Organisers, safety teams, guides, emergency services and/or marshals.
14. WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places on the Event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so (if using a WellChild place). WellChild reserves the right to cancel the Event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
15. By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by the organisers and/or WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
16. If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
17. By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.