This year’s RideLondon Event has now been cancelled. A full statement from the event organisers can be found here. At the moment we are unable to...
Great North Run
Sunday 13 Sep 20 THIS EVENT IS NOW CANCELLED
Sadly, due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Great North Run Event Organisers have announced that they have cancelled this year’s event. A full statement and FAQs from the organisers can be found here.
We know this will come as a huge blow to many of our runners following many months of training and fundraising.
As you can imagine this news also has a massive impact on WellChild. As a small organisation we were very fortunate to have 130 places in the Great North Run 2020 event, which thanks to the incredible Team WellChild runners would have generated nearly £40,000 for the charity – funds which we rely on to help deliver our vital work to seriously ill children and their families around the UK. That work is more important than ever at the moment!
We have tried to answer any questions you may have below.
I have a ballot place, what happens next?
For those of you with ballot places, Great North Run will be in touch with you about deferring or refunding your place.
I had a WellChild place, what are my options?
Your place will automatically get trasferred to the new date of 12th September 2021, as well as any fundraising you have done to date. If you do not wish to defer your place and run on this new date please contact us as soon as possible on email@example.com.
What happens with any fundraising I have done?
Unless we hear from you we will assume you wish to run in the event on the new date of 12th September 2021 and we will automatically transfer your place and any fundraising. Please do everything you can to help reach and exceed your fundraising target of £280.
For more information on the cancellation please take a look at the FAQ’s released by Great North Run >>
Terms and conditions
SIMPLYHEALTH GREAT NORTH RUN TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
1. Simplyhealth Great North Run Participants are asked to start fundraising on offer of a place by donating £20 which confirms your intent to run and fundraise for WellChild.
2. If you have registered to use a WellChild place for the Event you pledge to attempt to raise a minimum of £280 in sponsorship to reach WellChild’s guide sponsorship target (guaranteed place holders only). If you have secured your own place directly through the organiser and no specified target has been set by them, please raise as much as possible.
3. All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly after the Event takes place (preferably within four weeks of the Event taking place).
4. Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing, as this may help to mitigate any costs incurred by the charity. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
5. You must be the required age (17 years old) or above on the day that the Event commences.
6. All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
7. By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
8. All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
9. Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
10. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
11. If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
12. Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
13. During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the Organisers, safety teams, guides, emergency services and/or marshals.
14. WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places on the Event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so (if using a WellChild place). WellChild reserves the right to cancel the Event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
15. By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by the organisers and/or WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
16. If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
17. By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.