If you have secured your own place through London Marathon you can still join our team and benefit from all...
Prudential RideLondon–Surrey 100
Sunday 30 Jul 17 6:00 am - 6:00 pm Fundraising target, guaranteed place: £450 (£400 for previous WellChild cyclist) - It is suggested you donate £20 to kick start your fundraising and shows your intent to cycle. 27 Places left Must be 18 or over before event day
Lead out the greats at the 2017 Prudential RideLondon 100 – a cycling challenge like no other through the closed roads of London and the Surrey Hills.
Just hours before the world’s top cyclists race the RideLondon Classic, 27,000 cyclists will have the chance to cycle a modified version of the London 2012 Olympic Road Race route.
Prudential RideLondon 100 will start in the new Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, then follow the closed roads through the capital and onto Surrey’s stunning country roads and hills. With leg-testing climbs and a route recently made famous by the world’s best cyclists. It promises to be a truly spectacular event for all involved.
You must use a roadworthy and permitted bicycle in the sportive. For key information about permitted cycles, safety and other key information, click here.
The route of the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 offers a perfect, traffic-free ride for a range of cycling abilities. Everyone can enjoy a challenging day in the saddle pedalling through the roads of London and Surrey. As well as the personal challenge of completing the route, participants’ involvement will also benefit good causes – Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 aims to become the largest charity fundraising cycling event in the world.
For more detail about the Prudential RideLondon 100 route, click here.
To help plan your 2017 ride please click here. These instructions are normally updated closer to the event.
Thank you to our event sponsors
We are doing this because we can, to help those who can't2016 Team WellChild Cyclist
1. WellChild RideLondon kit
FREE gear including a team cycle top, Vitalsox compression race socks and calf compression.
2. First class support
Training plans, fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and support from the WellChild Events Team. Not to mention WellChild supporters cheering for you along the route.
3. Exclusive discounts
4. Post event picnic in the park
Unwind with team WellChild in the park and enjoy a drink and a snack.
When does the event take place?
The Ridelondon 100 event is likely to take place on Sunday 30th July 2017. The start is at the Olympic Park, east London and finishes on the Mall, central London.
There is usually around 27,000 cyclists that take part in the 100 mile ride.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 18 years of age or above on the day of the race.
How do I apply for a place?
Places sold out last year so you will need to be quick. To apply for a ballot place directly through the race organisers please click here. Entry opens on Monday 8th August 2016. You can also apply for a WellChild guaranteed place by filling in our online form. Successful ballot entries are notified in early February 2017. If you one of the lucky ones and been successful in securing your own place you can still cycle and raise sponsorship for WellChild. Just fill in our form and we’ll post you training and fundraising advice.
How much money do I have to raise?
If you use one of WellChild’s guaranteed places we ask that you apply and kick start your fundraising by donating £50 which shows your intent to cycle and pledge to raise £450 in sponsorship (£400 if previous WellChild rider). If you have secured your own place there is no set target and we just ask you to raise as much as you can.
What support will WellChild give?
Join the team and you’ll receive your Training and fundraising pack that gives you loads of advice. In addition you will receive regular enewsletter updates, fundraising materials and a technical top to race in. The WellChild Challenge Events Manager, Steve will also be on hand to give you any advice and is on the other end of the phone to prepare you for the big day!
Am I fit enough?
You’ll need to train hard as this is no Sunday cycle! You need to be able to complete the course in under nine hours.
Do I need any specialist equipment?
You can use a racing or hybrid bike but it is suggested that you do not use a mountain bike unless you have changed the tyres to thin slick tyres. You will be required to wear a helmet for safety and ensure you carry water bottles and safety lights in case the weather conditions deteriorate.
What happens if I’m injured or need to withdraw?
If you are injured before the challenge and need to withdraw please contact the Challenge Events Manager at WellChild as soon as possible. If you are injured on the day of the ride the race organises will have adequate first aid cover on the route and will transport you back to the finish.
Where can I find out more about on the day logistics?
Visit the Ridelondon 100 website at https://www.ridelondon.co.uk/about/faqs/. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Steve the Challenge Events Manager on 01242 548 761 or email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
PRUDENTIAL RIDELONDON – SURREY 100 TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
1. On offer of a place, it is suggested that Prudential RideLondon Participants start their fundraising by making a donation (£20 suggested amount) towards their own target, confirming their intent to fundraise for WellChild’s important work through their involvement in the event.
4. Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing, as this may help to mitigate any costs incurred by the charity. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
5. You must be the required age or above on the day that the Event commences (please see the WellChild website for the current age limit). Participants under the age of 18 will need consent from a parent or guardian.
6. All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
7. By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
8. All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
9. Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
10. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
11. If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
12. Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
13. During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the Organisers, safety teams, guides, emergency services and/or marshals.
14. WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places on the Event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so (if using a WellChild place). WellChild reserves the right to cancel the Event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
15. By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by the organisers and/or WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
16. If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
17. By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.