Join #TeamWellChild and take on the Superhalf Series! Superhalfs is a series of five half marathons that take place in...
Wednesday 01 Jan 20 - Thursday 31 Dec 20 £1,850 (no fundraising target if you have your own place) VARIOUS DATES Must be over 18
Join #TeamWellChild and take on the Superhalf Series!
Superhalfs is a series of five half marathons that take place in Lisbon, Prague, Copenhagen, Cardiff and Valencia. The end goal to complete all 5 superhalf marathons within 36 months to get the SuperMedal. Read more about it here: www.superhalfs.com. You can get guaranteed places in all five events here.
Support WellChild today and make a huge difference to seriously ill children in the UK.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Mel the Challenge Events Manager on 01242 530 007 or email email@example.com
1. WellChild Running Kit
FREE gear including a team running vest.
2. First Class Support
Training plans, fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and support from the WellChild Events Team.
3. Exclusive Discounts
15% discount at Cotswold Outdoor & Runners Need stores for WellChild runners.
How many runners will be taking part?
At the five events there are between 11,000 and 35,000 runners taking part.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 18 years of age or above on the day of the first race.
How do I apply for a place?
You can apply now using the form below for a guaranteed place with us in all five events – you then have 36 months to complete all five events to secure your Superhalf medal!
How much money do I have to raise?
Pledge to raise £1850 in sponsorship (not including Gift Aid). If you have secured your own place there is no set target and we just ask you to raise as much as you can.
What support will WellChild give?
Join the team and you’ll receive your training and fundraising pack that gives you loads of advice. In addition, you will receive regular enewsletter updates, technical running vest and fundraising materials. The WellChild Challenge team of Mel and Claire will also be on hand to give you any advice and is on the other end of the phone to prepare you for your big day!
Am I fit enough?
You’ll need to train hard as running a half marathon is no easy challenge! Please see the event organisers website for any time cut-offs for the events.
Do I need any specialist equipment?
No, just a pair of trainers and a lot of determination!
What happens if I’m injured or need to withdraw?
If you are injured before the challenge and need to withdraw please contact the Challenge Events department at WellChild as soon as possible. If you are injured on the day of the race organisers will have adequate first aid cover.
Where can I find out more about on the day logistics?
Please see the event organisers websites below:
Superhalf Series Terms & Conditions Of Entry
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
- On offer of a place, it is suggested that SuperHalf Series Participants start their fundraising by making a donation (£20 suggested amount) towards their own target, confirming their intent to fundraise for WellChild’s important work through their involvement in the event.
- If you have registered to use a WellChild place for the Event you pledge to attempt to raise a minimum of £1850 in sponsorship to reach WellChild’s guide sponsorship target (guaranteed place holders only). If you have secured your own place directly through the organiser and no specified target has been set by them, please raise as much as possible.
- All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly after the Event takes place (preferably within four weeks of the Event taking place).
- Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing, as this may help to mitigate any costs incurred by the charity. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
- You must be the required age or above on the day that the Event (18 years old).
- All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
- By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
- All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
- If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
- Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
- During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the Organisers, safety teams, guides, emergency services and/or marshals.
- WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places on the Event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so (if using a WellChild place). WellChild reserves the right to cancel the Event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
- By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by the organisers and/or WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
- If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.