Join team WellChild for the 2018 Big Half created by the London Marathon organisers. This is a new event allowing...
Welsh 1000 – Sea to Summit: Five of the highest mountains in Wales
Thursday 29 Jun 17 - Sunday 02 Jul 17 6:00 pm REGISTRATION £20. EVENT COST - TO BE PAID 8 WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT £100. PLEDGED MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP £200. SOLD OUT MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO APPLY
Join the team and take on the Welsh 1000 – summit 5 of the highest mountain in Wales in just two days!
Trekking days: 2 days
Maximum altitude: 1,085m
Endurance factor: Hard
Following in the footsteps of the famous Welsh 1000s race held each year we will trek five mountains above 1,000m and 9 mountains in total during this two day challenge. Starting by the coast at sea level we will trek through an area rarely visited. The views looking back to the coast are stunning and the mountains in front of us formidable.
As we build up to the highest mountain in Wales (Snowdon) we will trek over the Glyder range with lakes in the backdrop and the famous Y Gwyliwr balancing stone. Our final stage will test our legs as we work our way up the steep rocky path to the summit of Snowdon standing at 1,085m with breathtaking panoramic views all around us.
With a total ascent of 3,213m this challenge is one of the toughest weekend trekking events out there. To be successful you’ll have to train in advance and not underestimate it.
Leading up to the challenge you will be well prepared by our experienced Challenge Events Team with regular updates, support with your training/fundraising and have the opportunity to meet other team members on our organised free training walks.
If you have any questions about the challenge please email email@example.com or call Steve 01242 548761.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
Event costs and sponsorship
- In return for a secured place on the Event you will need to pay a £20 registration fee.
- In addition, you will be required to make a further payment of £100 to cover the cost of travel, accommodation, food and mountain guides by 4 May 2017. This must be paid prior to this date in order for you to be able to participate in the event.
- You will pledge to endeavour to raise an additional minimum amount of £200 in sponsorship.
- All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly.
- Should you have to withdraw, for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing. Payments made by you can be refunded should you wish up until four weeks before the challenge event. If you notify us after this date then the £120 fee already paid cannot be refunded as this cost will have been incurred by WellChild. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must arrange for that donation to be returned to them.
General conditions of entry
- You must be 18 years of age or above on the day that the Event commences.
- All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and WellChild shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of WellChild. WellChild is covered by appropriate public liability insurance.
- By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
- You must not suffer from alcohol or drug dependency.
- You must ensure you have all the items on the essential kit list e.g. ankle high walking boots (not trainers or mid ankle walking boots) and full waterproofs (jacket and trousers).
- If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) WellChild reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
- Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the safety team.
- During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the WellChild staff, safety team, emergency services and/or marshals.
- WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places on the Event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so. WellChild reserves the right to cancel the Event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
- By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
- If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers (WellChild), sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.