Winter Walk 2021
Saturday 27 Feb 21 - Sunday 28 Feb 21 Sign-up fee from just £7.50 JOIN TEAM WELLCHILD IN 2021 Must be 18 or over before event day
Take part in this one day event on either 27th or 28th February 2021!
Get those walking boots out, wrap up, stretch the legs and get active in the New Year with a couple of thousand like-minded adventurers. The Winter Walk has been adapted to enable a ‘Covid-Secure’ model. Choose your distance – you’ll get a few winter ‘goodies’, a medal, some hot food & drink ‘to go’ – and a great event to take on as we head into a more positive year.
This event has plenty of outdoors space and has staggered timings over 2 days, to ensure social distancing measures can be implemented. On Saturday & Sunday there are 2 distance options – Full Marathon & Half Marathon – with both starting & finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground near Vauxhall. The routes take in highlights of the Thames and its historic bridges, and many of the Capital’s major landmarks. In February 2021 there’ll be a Winter Walk for everyone – and it will be one to remember!
- Join as Individual or Team
- 42km Full Marathon Challenge
- 21km Half Marathon Challenge options
- Rest stops – snacks, drinks, toilets & medics
- Hot food & drink “to go” at the finish
- Winter Walk Medal & certificate for all finishers
- Free bobble hat & neck buff
- Do it at Your pace
- Pre-event training support + App
- Good Tube & Train links
SIGN UP & FUNDRAISING OPTIONS:
1. Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!Sign up today
More about event location
The Oval Cricket Ground, Vauxhall
The Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington Oval, London, UKGet directions