Fundraising for WellChild on Facebook is a free and easy was to support seriously ill children and their families. You can set up a fundraiser in celebration of your birthday or any other big event like an anniversary or wedding. It can also be a great way to help you reach your target for a WellChild Challenge Event.
Simply visit our Facebook page, click on “fundraisers” and select the “raise money” option to set up your own Facebook fundraising page for WellChild and start raising vital funds to support seriously ill children and their families.
Below are our top tips to make your Facebook fundraiser as successful as possible.
- Check your privacy settings and make your fundraising page viewable by anyone. If your fundraiser isn’t public then fewer people can see it and donate. We also won’t be able to see the page and won’t know who to get in touch with to say thank you.
- Personalise the name and content of your fundraising page. Using a different name to the one Facebook automatically gives your page will help it be more visible on your friend’s newsfeed, making it more likely that people will make a donation.
- Use our Facebook fundraising resources. You can use any of the stories and images below. Sharing your fundraising page with your friends using one of these stories will help people understand the work you are asking them to support.
- Set a realistic fundraising target – but don’t be afraid to make changes later on. If you reach your initial target without too much effort we would recommend extending your fundraiser and increasing the target to encourage more people to continue to donate.
- Add a WellChild donation sticker to your Instagram stories. This is a really quick and easy way for people to support you. For example, if you’re taking on a challenge event for WellChild you could add a donation sticker to your next training story.
- Learn more about the work your fundraising will make possible. In order for us to properly process your Facebook fundraising and to keep you up to date with the latest news about WellChild’s work, click here.
- Say thank you! Let your donors know how important their support is to you; say a big thank you on your fundraising page and message a personal thank you to everyone who supported if you can.