Enter the competitionSubmit your video today
To enter, your school needs to gather up to 20 students and send us a video of them performing their rendition of Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
Lean On Me is a fantastic, uplifting, easy to sing classic, and there are lots of example arrangements available online!The lucky winner will be crowned WellChild School Choir of the Year, winning the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform at the prestigious WellChild Awards, regularly attended by WellChild Patron the Duke of Sussex and a host of A-list celebrities.
How to enter
Register below and receive a FREE competition guide and fundraising pack. You’ll be the first to receive updates about the competition by email, and you can get a head start on your fundraising to give your school’s choir an advantage!
- Register now and receive our free competition guide!
- We will post you everything you need to know about the competition, as well as a free No Place Like Home School fundraising pack.
- Start work on your school’s video entry – film your choir of up to 20 children singing their version of Lean On Me and submit to WellChild by Friday 7th June.
- We will upload all of the entries to our website for a public vote – the top five schools by votes and the top five schools by fundraising will reach the judging stage of the competition, so use this time to get fundraising too!
- A winner is chosen to perform at the WellChild Awards in Autumn by our panel of WellChild Nurses, parents and celebrity ambassadors.
"This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our inspirational pupils and their proud families. We were made to feel like true stars and having the chance to shine and perform to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and so many celebrity guests will remain in our memories forever."
Riverside School Headteacher, Steve Solomons, 2018 WellChild School Choir of the year winners.
Register below for further information and your FREE WellChild School Choir of the Year pack.
Before you enter please make sure you have read the terms and conditions (PDF). If you have any further questions, please have a look at our FAQs (PDF). If you need more information, please contact a member of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01242 530 007.
If you have already registered with the competition and are ready to submit your video entry, click here >>