Virtual London Marathon 2022
Be part of Team WellChild to take on this iconic marathon anywhere in the world!
Join runners from around the world and take on the 2022 Virtual London Marathon. You will have 24 hours to complete the distance on a course of your choice. Run or walk it with as many stops as you like to earn yourself your London Marathon finisher’s T-shirt and Medal!
Support WellChild and make a huge difference to seriously ill children in the UK.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the Challenge team on [email protected]
- WellChild London Marathon Kit
FREE gear including a team running vest.
- First Class Support
Training plans, fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and support from the WellChild Events Team. We have an online coach to help you reach the start line.
- Your finishers medal and t-shirt will be sent in the post after the event.
Email [email protected] if you have questions.
Pledge to raise £150 in sponsorship (not including Gift Aid). If you have secured your own place there is no set target and we just ask you to raise as much as you can.
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 18 years of age or above on the day of the race.
Join the team and you’ll receive your training and fundraising pack that gives you loads of advice. In addition you will receive regular enewsletter updates, technical running vest and fundraising materials. The WellChild Challenge Events team will also be on hand to give you any advice and is on the other end of the phone to prepare you for your big day!
If you are injured before the challenge and need to withdraw please contact the Challenge Events department at WellChild as soon as possible. If you are injured on the day of the race organises will have adequate first aid cover.
LONDON MARATHON TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
- If you have secured your own place directly through the organiser there is no set fundraising target but we ask you to please endeavour to raise as much as possible.
- On offer of a place, it is suggested that Virtual London Marathon Participants start their fundraising by making a donation (£20 suggested amount) towards their own target, confirming their intent to fundraise for WellChild’s important work through their involvement in the event.
- If you have registered to use a WellChild place for the Event we ask that you set your fundraising target at a minimum of £150
- All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly after the Event takes place (preferably within four weeks of the Event taking place).
- Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
- You must be the required age or above on the day that the Event (18 years old).
- All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
- By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event.
- All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
- Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
- If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.’