WellChild Awards 2019 Nomination Form
Thank you for your interest in nominating someone special for a WellChild Award. Please complete the form below before 12 noon on 7th May 2019.
Due to the large amount of nominations we receive we will only be accepting a maximum of three nominations per person. If we receive more than three we will select the ones that we feel provide the most detail.
- If you are nominating a child under the age of 13, we will need a parent or guardian’s permission before we can process the nomination. If you are the parent or guardian your nomination will suffice.
- If you are nominating someone over the age of 13, we will need permission from the nominee themselves unless they are unable to do so, in which case, we will need parent or guardian permission. If you are the parent or guardian your nomination will suffice.
- Please ensure you have either the nominee’s or the parent/guardian’s phone number and email address to hand. You will need this to complete the nomination below.
- All permissions must be in two weeks from the date of the nomination.
Permission can be granted online here >> or by calling the Awards team at 01242 530 007.
Entries for the 2019 WellChild Awards will be judged by an expert panel including children’s health professionals and former winners. Awards will be handed out at a glamorous event in London in the Autumn of 2019.
What are the categories?
- Inspirational Child aged 4-6 (male and female award)
- Inspirational Child aged 7-10 (male and female award)
- Inspirational Young Person aged 11-14 (male and female award)
- Inspirational Young Person aged 15-18 (male and female award)
- Most Caring Child or Young Person (male and female award)
- Inspirational Nurse
- Inspirational Doctor
- Inspirational Health Team
- Outstanding Professional Award
What is the age limit for nominating a child or young person?
We accept nominations for children or young people between and including the ages of 4 to 18. This also applies to the Caring Child categories. Unfortunately, we will not be able to include nominations for those outside of this age group.
How will I know if my nomination has been successful?
Successful nominations will be informed by the end of June after the judging panel has met. If you have not heard anything by then unfortunately you have not been successful this year.
Can I nominate more than once?
Due to the large amount of nominations we receive we will only be accepting a maximum of three nominations per person. Please be aware that multiple nominations for one person will be counted as only one. The amount of nominations one person sends for an individual does not promote the nomination as only one will go through to the judging panel.
Will the person I nominate be informed of their nomination?
All eligible persons nominated, or their family in the case of a child, will be informed via letter once a nomination has been received.
2019 WellChild Awards Terms and Conditions
WellChild Awards Terms & Conditions of entry
- The promoter is: WellChild (Charity registered in England and Wales 289600 and Scotland SC045010) whose registered office is at 16 Royal Crescent, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 3DA.
- Members of the judging panel and their family members or friends shall not be permitted to submit an Awards nomination.
- There is no fee for making a WellChild Awards nomination.
- Nominations will only be accepted for nominees based in the United Kingdom.
- Details of how to nominate can be found at wellchild.org.uk/awards
- Closing date for nominations will be 12:00pm on 7th May 2019. Any nominations received after this time will not be submitted for judging.
- WellChild will not accept any responsibility for late nominations or entries not received for any reason whatsoever.
- The WellChild Nominations and judging process works as follows:
- Stage 1: Nominations must be submitted via the online form at wellchild.org.uk/awards before the above closing date.
- Stage 2: Shortlisting – All nominations will be compiled for an initial round of shortlisting by panels of WellChild staff and volunteers.
- Stage 3: Final Judging – Winners will be selected from the shortlisted nominees by two external judging panels made up of previous WellChild Award winners, child health professionals, sponsors, celebrity ambassadors and representatives of the WellChild leadership team.
- The judging panel chooses who they feel are the most deserving winners, regardless of the number of nominations received.
- Your nomination may be considered in a different category if the judges decide it is appropriate.
- Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email. If entrants do not receive notification then unfortunately they have not been successful.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In accordance with current data protection legislation, in order for WellChild to process the personal and sometimes sensitive information contained within a WellChild Award nomination, the following consent is required two weeks following the submission of the nomination.
- For nominees under the age of 13: Consent will be required from their parent or legal guardian.
- For nominees over the age of 13, but unable to provide consent: Consent will be required from their parent or legal guardian.
- For nominees over the age of 13 and able to provide consent: Consent will be required from the nominee.
- In this instance, the ‘processing’ of information includes:
- WellChild holding information about the nominee and nominator on their digital and manual systems.
- WellChild sharing nomination information with WellChild staff and members of the external judging panel for the purposes of judging.
- Using the information to contact the nominator/nominee or their parents/legal guardians.
- All information provided will be processed in accordance with the Date Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation. Further information can be found at wellchild.org.uk/privacy-cookies
- All winners will be expected to participate in the following WellChild Awards activity in the build-up to, during and after the event. This includes:
- Attending the Awards ceremony in October 2019.
- Filming for WellChild Awards winners films. This will involve a team from WellChild visiting you and your family to film interviews about their story and to get footage of our winner, their families and favourite activities. The footage will be used to create a three minute film to be shown on the night of the Awards ceremony, online and via social media.
- Regional/national television, newspaper and radio interviews, photography and filming if requested.
- WellChild reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions. Any changes will be published on the WellChild Awards website page which can be found at wellchild.org.uk/awards