Join #TeamWellChild and take on the Superhalf Series! Superhalfs is a series of five half marathons that take place in...
Great North Run 2021
Sunday 12 Sep 21 9:00 am 7 Places remaining £280 (OWN/BALLOT PLACE – NO FUNDRAISING TARGET)
Apply for your place
Take part in the Great North Run, one of the biggest Half Marathons in the world!
The Great North Run attracts over 50,000 runners each year, many running for charity. This event is yet to be challenged for its buzzing atmosphere and cheering crowds, so why not sign up to the WellChild team for a guaranteed place? We can support you every step of the way. Sign up today >>
1. WellChild Team Kit – FREE gear including a team running vest.
2. First Class Support – Training plans, fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and support from the WellChild Events Team. Not to mention WellChild supporters cheering for you along the route.
3. Exclusive Discounts – 15% discount at Cotswold Outdoor stores.
4. Post race celebration – Unwind and relax with a post race leg massage and drink.
Call Mel on 01242 548761 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
Terms and conditions
SIMPLYHEALTH GREAT NORTH RUN TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
1. Simplyhealth Great North Run Participants are asked to start fundraising on offer of a place by donating £20 which confirms your intent to run and fundraise for WellChild.
2. If you have registered to use a WellChild place for the Event you pledge to attempt to raise a minimum of £280 in sponsorship to reach WellChild’s guide sponsorship target (guaranteed place holders only). If you have secured your own place directly through the organiser and no specified target has been set by them, please raise as much as possible.
3. All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly after the Event takes place (preferably within four weeks of the Event taking place).
4. Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing, as this may help to mitigate any costs incurred by the charity. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
5. You must be the required age (17 years old) or above on the day that the Event commences.
6. All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
7. By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
8. All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
9. Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
10. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
11. If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
12. Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
13. During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the Organisers, safety teams, guides, emergency services and/or marshals.
14. WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places on the Event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so (if using a WellChild place). WellChild reserves the right to cancel the Event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
15. By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by the organisers and/or WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
16. If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
17. By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.
When does the event take place?
The Great North Run event will take place on Sunday 13th September 2021 (TBC).
How many runners will be taking part?
There are usually around 55,000 runners that take part in this race.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 17 years of age or above on the day of the race.
How do I apply for a place?
You can apply through the Great North Run ballot at http://www.greatrun.org/events/event.aspx?id=1and run for WellChild as there is no minimum sponsorship target. Just let us know you have your own place by clicking the ‘Got your own place’ button.
How much money do I have to raise?
If you use one of WellChild’s guaranteed places we ask that you kick start your fundraising by donating £20 as a pledge that you intend to run and pledge to raise £280 in sponsorship. If you have secured your own place we just ask you to raise as much as you can.
What support will WellChild give?
Join the team and you’ll receive your training and fundraising pack that gives you loads of advice. In addition you will receive regular enewsletter updates, technical running vest and fundraising materials. The WellChild Challenge Events Manager will also be on hand to give you any advice and is on the other end of the phone to prepare you for your big day!
Am I fit enough?
You’ll need to train hard as this is no Sunday jog! You need to be able to complete the course in under four and half hours.
Do I need any specialist equipment?
No, just a pair of trainers and a lot of determination!
What happens if I’m injured or need to withdraw?
If you are injured before the challenge and need to withdraw please contact the Challenge Events Manager at WellChild as soon as possible. If you are injured on the day of the race organisers will have adequate first aid cover.
Where can I find out more about on the day logistics?
Please visit http://www.greatrun.org/events/event.aspx?id=1
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Mel, the Challenge Events Manager on 01242 548 761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org