Nominations now open!
Nominations for the 2019 WellChild Awards, in associations with GSK, are now open. Deadline for submitting nominations is 7th May!
2019 WellChild Award Categories
Below are the categories open for nominations in the WellChild Awards 2019, each category sponsored by a company or organisation. These Awards can really have a positive impact on the winners, their families and those who provide support. Categories are as follows:
- Inspirational Child A child or between the ages of four and 10 who has kept smiling against all odds in coping with or overcoming serious illness, and who deserves to be celebrated for their extraordinary courage.
- Inspirational Young Person – Young person between the ages of 11 and 18 who has kept smiling against all odds in coping with or overcoming serious illness, and who deserves to be celebrated for their extraordinary courage.
- Most Caring Child or Young Person – A child between the ages of four and eighteen who devotes much of their time and energy freely and lovingly to care for a friend or sibling who is sick.
- Nurse – A nurse who goes the extra mile for the children and young people in their care.
- Doctor – A doctor who goes the extra mile for the children and young people in their care.
- Health Team – A team of doctors, nurses, or other healthcare professionals, in a hospital, clinic or doctor’s surgery, who work together to make a huge difference to the lives of seriously ill children.
- Outstanding Professional – Any professional e.g. a physiotherapist, social worker, teacher who has worked above and beyond for children and young people in their care.
Entries for the 2019 WellChild Awards will be judged by an expert panel including children’s health researchers, former winners and health professionals. Awards will be handed out at a glamorous event in London in the Autumn of 2019.
Nominate an inspirational child, young person or professional for a 2019 WellChild Award!
“These awards were created to shine a bright light on an amazingly brave group of children and young people. Life for families caring for seriously ill children is exceptionally tough. And without WellChild it is even tougher.”
– WellChild Patron, The Duke of Sussex
Get your brand in front of a prestigious audience and help give a seriously ill child a magical night they will never forget. Sponsor a 2019 WellChild Award – Package includes branding, networking, PR opportunities, and tickets to the event!