Putt WellChild first with Ed Chamberlin
Here’s a challenge to all keen golfers currently sitting at home with time to spare due to the Coronavirus crisis. If you want to show your golf skills and help support WellChild’s work for seriously ill children and their families at this tough time then Ed Chamberlin’s #PUTTingWellChildFirst putting challenge is for you.
Well known TV racing presenter Ed, who is the face of ITV Racing, hosts an annual golf day to raise money for WellChild. But the Ed Chamberlin 2020 Golf Day has had to be postponed so in its place Ed has announced #PUTTingWellChildFirst – an exciting and simple self-isolation golfing challenge for you, your friends, family and colleagues to take part in on social media.
The postponement of WellChild’s Ed Chamberlin golf day plus our collections, essential projects, and all other WellChild events for the foreseeable future has had a huge impact on WellChild’s income. We are a charity totally reliant on voluntary fundraising and almost 60% of our income come from fundraising events. That’s why we urgently need your help to support children with serious health needs and their families at this critical time.
The rules of the #PUTTingWellChildFirst social media challenge are simple:
- Take on the most creative or longest Putt possible in your current circumstances. Decide what you will putt into – e.g. a coffee mug/pint glass
- Choose your location; back garden, garage, down the stairs, or wherever works for you
- Film your putt, upload it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #PUTTingWellChildFirst
- Make sure to donate to the WellChild Resilience Fund which will support our work during this critical time
- Nominate friends by tagging them in your post – prizes to be awarded for the most creative and longest putts. Remember to share with as many people as possible!
There will be prizes for the best putts posted online, chosen by judges. Among the prizes already donated for our challenge are a personalised Lynx golf club, a jeroboam of Mirabeau Rose, golf caps from J. Lindeberg and more to come!
If you need inspiration for your putt check out Ed Chamberlin’s putt at @EdChamberlin on Instagram, and @chamberlinsport on Twitter.