The Malverns End to End Challenge
Take on a day-long challenge to walk the length of the iconic Malvern Hills for WellChild.
Entry Fee: £30
Sponsorship: As much as you can raise!
We’ll transport you by coach from the meeting point at Holy Trinity Church Hall (WR14 4LR) to the start of the walk near Chase End Hill. Over the course of the day you will walk North along the ridge, over all the hill summits and back to the meeting point at Holy Trinity Church Parish Hall where you will receive your well-earned medal and a delicious hot pasty.
Enjoy some of the best views in England in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our 11-mile route takes you over the Malvern Hills, through ancient woodland, open moors and the historical sites at British Camp and Midsummer Hill. As a moderately strenuous walk, the Malvern’s End to End Challenge is a great way to test yourself, whether you’re a novice pushing yourself to complete your hardest walk to date or a seasoned walker looking for a well-organised walk. Enter on your own, with your dog, as a family or as a team.
There are numerous cafes selling refreshments and public toilets on the route. WellChild marshals will mark key points along the route to point you in the right direction. Sign up today to walk for WellChild.
- Transport from the meeting point to the start of the route at Chase End Hill by coach
- Safety briefing before you set off
- Snacks for the walk
- WellChild branded walking bandana
- WellChild Malvern End to End Challenge Medal
- Rosette for each dog participant
- Hot snacks at the end of the walk
- Marshals at checkpoints along the route
- Maps and directions for the route
- Exclusive discounts: 10% discount at Cotswold Outdoor, Runners Need and Snow+Rock
Nearby car parks to the start & end points for The Malverns End to End Challenge for WellChild
Free Parking – 0.3 miles from Holy Trinity
£4.80 per day – 0.4 miles from Holy Trinity
Free Parking – 0.6 miles from Holy Trinity
£3 up to 24 hours – 0.6 miles from Holy Trinity
£1 per day – 0.9 miles from Holy Trinity
For a full list of Malvern Street Car Parks please see the link below
Terms and conditions
Event costs and sponsorship
- In return for a secured place on the event you will need to pay a £30 registration fee. If you choose to set up a fundraising page, we will encourage you to try and raise as much as you can.
- All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly.
- Should you have to withdraw, for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible. Your registration fee is non-refundable as this cost will have been incurred by WellChild.
- Donations made through your online fundraising page can be returned should your sponsors wish. In this instance, each sponsor needs to contact WellChild directly with supporting evidence of their donation to arrange a refund.
General conditions of entry
- There is no age limit for the event, however all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Adults accompanying a child are responsible for ensuring that child can complete a walk of over 10 miles. Please also ensure that any dogs taking part in the walk are suitably fit/used to walking longer distances and across hilly terrain.
- All participants enter the event entirely at their own risk and WellChild shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of WellChild. WellChild is covered by appropriate public liability insurance.
- Please make WellChild aware of any medical conditions you have before attending/signing up for the challenge.
- If you have to withdraw from the event, please let WellChild know as soon as possible.
- By entering the event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of taking part in the event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme and agree to inform WellChild of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration, up to, and until the start of the event. Participants who have a pre-existing medical condition may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the event.
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain insurance as such yourself if required.
On the day
- You accept that if you do not arrive at the meeting point on time for your chosen “time slot” you may not be able to participate in the event. WellChild will endeavour to arrange alternative transport but this may not be possible at the time.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the Event and agree to adhere to the Malvern Hills Trust byelaws which will also be sent to participants prior to attending the walk.
- If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the event (or if participation in the event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) WellChild reserves the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the event.
- Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the safety team. WellChild will endeavour to notify all participants with any changes as soon as they occur.
- During the event you must fully comply with the instructions of the WellChild staff, emergency services and/or marshals.
- WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places to the event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so.
- WellChild reserves the right to cancel the event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
Data and marketing
- By taking part in the event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the event to be used by WellChild to publicise and organise future WellChild events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity.
- If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and any hard copies of data destroyed within 3 months after the event using a crosscut shredder or confidential waste bag.
- By participating in the event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age guidance set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I/my child/my dog will not take part in the event unless I/they am/are medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I/my child will take part at my/their own risk. I accept that the organisers (WellChild), sponsors, partners & marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.