The Malverns End to End Challenge
Take on a day-long challenge to walk the length of the iconic Malvern Hills for WellChild.
Register below. Registration in advance only.
Under 16’s: £10
Sponsorship: As much as you can raise!
Choose to set off at 8am or 9.30am when you register.
We’ll transport you by coach from the meeting point Holy Trinity Church Hall (WR14 4LR) to the start of the walk near Chase End Hill. Over the course of the day you will walk North along the ridge, over all the hill summits and back to the meeting point at Holy Trinity Church Parish Hall where you will receive your well-earned medal and some tasty hot refreshments kindly provided by Creed Foodservice. Of course not forgetting a treat bag and rosette will be provided for your dog after your iconic day walking the Malverns End to End.
Enjoy some of the best views in England in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Our 11-mile route takes you over the Malvern Hills, through ancient woodland, open moors and the historical sites at British Camp and Midsummer Hill. As a moderately strenuous walk, the Malvern’s End to End Challenge is a great way to test yourself, whether you’re a novice pushing yourself to complete your hardest walk to date or a seasoned walker looking for a well-organised walk.
Enter on your own, with your dog, as a family or as a team. There are numerous cafes selling refreshments and public toilets on the route. WellChild marshals will mark key points along the route to point you in the right direction. Sign up today to walk for WellChild.
- Transport from the meeting point to the start of the route at Chase End Hill by coach including a safety briefing before you set off
- Snack bag for the walk
- Hot street food post walk
- WellChild branded walking bandana
- WellChild Malvern End to End Challenge Medal and certificate
- Treat bag & rosette for each dog that takes part
- Marshals at checkpoints along the route
Nearby car parks to the start & end points for The Malverns End to End Challenge for WellChild
Free Parking – 0.3 miles from Holy Trinity
£4.80 per day – 0.4 miles from Holy Trinity
Free Parking – 0.6 miles from Holy Trinity
£3 up to 24 hours – 0.6 miles from Holy Trinity
£1 per day – 0.9 miles from Holy Trinity
For a full list of Malvern Street Car Parks please see the link below
Every care has been taken to adhere to the Government COVID-19 protocols and guidelines at the time of planning this event. We will continue to monitor advice to make sure every precaution is taken, ensuring all our participants, staff and all involved in the event are safe. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more.
*Please make us aware of any medical conditions you have before attending/signing up for the challenge. Please also make us aware if you are allergic to dogs and we will make sure we seat you on a different coach.
**Please also note dogs are allowed on the coach but must be kept on a lead at all times and sit on the floor.
Event costs and sponsorship
- In return for a secured place on the event adults will need to pay a £30 registration fee, whilst under 16s will need to pay £10. For each dog who you want to include on the walk an additional £5 will be charged.
- There is no fundraising target for the event, but you will pledge to endeavour to raise as much as you can for WellChild’s charitable work through sponsorship.
- Once you sign up an enthuse sponsorship page will be automatically set up with your email address – please email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like any help to set this up further.
- All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly.
- Should you have to withdraw, for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible. Your registration fee can be refunded should you wish up until two weeks before the challenge event (less costs incurred that cannot be recovered). If you notify us after this date then the registration fee already paid will not be refunded as this cost will have been incurred by WellChild. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must arrange for that donation to be returned to them.
General conditions of entry
- There is no age limit for the event, however all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Adults accompanying a child are responsible for ensuring that child can complete a walk of over 10 miles. Please also ensure that any dogs taking part in the walk are suitably fit/used to walking longer distances and across hilly terrain.
- All participants enter the event entirely at their own risk and WellChild shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of WellChild. WellChild is covered by appropriate public liability insurance.
- By entering the event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of taking part in the event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme and agree to inform WellChild of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration, up to, and until the start of the event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the event.
- You accept that if you do not arrive at the meeting point on time for your chosen “time slot” you may not be able to participate in the event. WellChild will endeavour to arrange alternative transport but this may not be possible at the time.
- ‘In the case of injury or fatigue, where possible, please make your way to your closest marshal (their locations can be found on your map). If this is not possible, please contact the WellChild emergency contact on your route card, or in the case of an emergency please call 999 directly.
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtai insurance n such yourself if required.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the Event and agree to adhere to the Malvern Hills Trust byelaws which will also be sent to participants prior to attending the walk.
- You must ensure you have all the items on the essential kit list e.g. ankle high walking boots (not trainers or mid ankle walking boots). We will advise on other suitable clothing and equipment for the walk, but it is the participants responsibility to ensure they are appropriately equipped for all weather conditions on the day of the event.
- WellChild will not provide any equipment to participants.
- If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the event (or if participation in the event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) WellChild reserves the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the event.
- Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the safety team. WellChild will endeavour to notify all participants with any changes as soon as they occur.
- During the event you must fully comply with the instructions of the WellChild staff, emergency services and/or marshals.
- WellChild may, at its sole discretion, withdraw places to the event if it is believed to be in its own best interest to do so.
- WellChild reserves the right to cancel the event should it be deemed necessary for any reasons outside of its control. In this instance, all donations paid by you will be refunded.
- By taking part in the event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the event to be used by WellChild to publicise and organise future WellChild events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
- If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and any hard copies of data destroyed within 3 months after the event using a crosscut shredder or confidential waste bag.
- Please note that dogs must be kept on a lead at all times around livestock. Dogs will be allowed to travel in the coach but they must be on the floor.
- If you have any allergies to dogs please make us aware and we will make sure that you are not travelling on the same coach as any dogs.
- If you have any allergens please make us aware before the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By participating in the event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age guidance set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I/my child/my dog will not take part in the event unless I/they am/are medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I/my child will take part at my/their own risk. I accept that the organisers (WellChild), sponsors, partners & marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.
A huge thanks to event sponsors and supporters
Kindly donated the dog treat bags