Why we need you
As the population of children and young people living with serious health needs grows, so too does demand for our vital services.
Thank you for choosing to support WellChild and making a difference.
Your donation will help us to support more than 100,000 children and young people living across the UK with serious health needs.
We believe every child, young person and family must have:
- The opportunity to be cared for at home whenever and wherever possible
- Access to high quality, appropriate care and services whatever their health needs
- Involvement in all decisions regarding their care
Together, we can support this growing population to have the best possible chance to thrive – properly supported at home, together with their families.
Why choose WellChild
Thanks to advances in medicine, the numbers of children and young people living with serious health needs continues to grow every year.
Many children spend months, even years in hospital, simply because there is no support enabling them to leave.
Those at home often face inconsistent or inadequate levels of care and support.
With an NHS and social care system under increasing resource pressure, WellChild makes it possible for this growing population of children and young people to be cared for safely at home instead of hospital; giving them the best possible chance to thrive.
How your fundraising could help us give families the best chance to thrive…
- £150 is enough to provide a day of a WellChild Family Coordinator’s time to support families through the WellChild Family Tree.
- £50 could fund a Parent Ambassador to host a local support group for parent carers in their region.
- £30 is enough to help fund a Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) package to a family and their carers.
- £20 could connect a WellChild Family to our vital information and support service, the WellChild Family Tree.
- £15 is enough to host a virtual coffee morning for parents and carers to get together and support each other.
How we raise money
We are a voluntary funded charity. All our money is raised from the generosity of wonderful people, companies, trusts and foundations, who choose to support us.
Meet our fundraisers
Paul Paul runs the Great North Run in 9ft WellChild Mascot Nurse Nina
Clare Clare first to complete the Step Up Challenge for WellChild
James During lockdown James decided to trek Mount Toubkal at home