This event has now been cancelled Let us know if you would like to join Team WellChild for the 2021...
London Marathon 2020 Virtual Event
Sunday 04 Oct 20 12:00 am - 11:59 pm Fundraising target - £50 Team full – join the waiting list below Must be 18 or over before race day
COVID-19 UPDATE (6th August 2020): Please read the following update from the London Marathon organisers. Click here
Team full – join the waiting list below.
Join us for the 40th London Marathon. Take part by running the famous 26.2-mile marathon distance from home or anywhere in the world on the course of your choice.
All finishers will receive the coveted finisher medal and exclusive New Balance finisher T-shirt.
Support WellChild today and make a huge difference to seriously ill children in the UK. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Mel or Claire on email@example.com.
- WellChild London Marathon Kit – FREE gear including a team running vest.
- Training and fundraising tips, advice, merchandise and first class support from the WellChild Events Team.
- An online coach to help you complete your marathon.
How many runners will be taking part?
There will be 45,000 runners taking part in the 40th London Marathon around the World. With 8 hours of coverage on the BBC.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 18 years of age or above on the 4th October 2020.
How do I apply for a place?
Complete the form below – we will then be in touch about your place.
How much money do I have to raise?
Pledge to raise just £50 in sponsorship (not including Gift Aid).
What support will WellChild give?
Join the team and you’ll receive your training and fundraising pack that gives you loads of advice. In addition you will receive a technical running vest and fundraising materials. Once you complete your marathon distance on the 4th October you will be asked to submit proof to the London Marathon Organisers so you can receive your Finishers t-shirt and medal.
Where can I find out more about the event?
Please visit www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Mel or Claire on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
LONDON MARATHON TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read the following Terms & Conditions of Entry carefully
- If you have secured your own place directly through the organiser there is no set fundraising target but we ask you to please endeavour to raise as much as possible.
- All funds raised in the name of WellChild must be paid to WellChild. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to WellChild promptly after the Event takes place (preferably within four weeks of the Event taking place).
- Should you have to withdraw, for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible in writing. Payments or donations made by you or through your online fundraising page will be returned should you or your sponsors wish. All sponsorship forms must be returned to WellChild, and we suggest that you ask any sponsors whose donations have already been collected whether they are happy for their donation to remain with the charity. Should any of your sponsors not wish their donation to remain with the charity, you must return that donation to them if you have not passed this onto the charity. If the charity is in possession of the donation you should inform us so that the donation can be refunded.
- You must be the required age or above on the day that the Event (18 years old).
- All participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event, except where an injury or loss results from the negligence or omissions of the organisers.
- By entering the Event you confirm that you are aware of the risks involved and the degree of fitness required to take part and agree that you are physically capable of competing in the Event. You are advised to consult your doctor if in any doubt prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. You undertake and agree to inform WellChild and/or the Organiser of any change in your medical condition from the date of registration up to and until the start of the Event. Participants aged 65 years or over, or who have a pre-existing medical condition, may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they have a suitable level of fitness to participate in the Event.
- All training plans, hints and tips information are provided in good faith and it is recommended that all participants consult a doctor before embarking on any program of physical activity.
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is not provided by WellChild. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
- If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the Event (or if participation in the Event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever) the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the Event.
- Itineraries, schedule and other arrangement changes may occur, which are beyond the control of WellChild or the Organisers.
- During the course of the Event you must fully comply with the instructions of the Organisers, safety teams, guides, emergency services and/or marshals.
- By taking part in an event, you confirm that you are happy for your name and any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the Event to be used by the organisers and/or WellChild to publicise and organise events, and by WellChild generally in promoting the work of the charity. This may include brochures, posters, leaflets, display boards, website and any other such appropriate materials.
- If your personal details (address, contact number etc.) change after you have submitted your application you must notify us immediately. All personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- By participating in the Event you agree to the terms and conditions above and the following disclaimer ‘I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by all rules and instructions. I declare that I will not compete in the event unless I am medically fit to do so and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event, unless caused by their negligence or omission.